Thursday, September 18, 2008

I tried to resist

starting the Red House Sampler, the wonderful new design from Brenda Keyes, I really did. I wanted to make it my winter project. I even started Meeting House Hill and maybe stitched a quarter of it. It just kept calling me, so I started with the planting of the row of trees. I'm now moving down to the building of the house.
I knew I would love stitching this design. I'm using 40ct vintage Meadow Rue linen and a combination of Needlepoint, Inc. and Hand Dyed Fiber silk. I converted the colors from the way it's charted for DMC for the most part, with the exception of the red. It was a little too bright for my taste, so I went with a different hue.

2 comments:

Glenna said...

Love it! I got Over the Hills and Far Away this week, and I'm itching to start. One of my LNS' is having a sale this weekend, so I'll kit it up. And I'm going to do it it in silk, also--it's just so much nicer to work with. I'm going to start on my vacation in October--I can hardly wait. You've done a good bit so far--and please show Mtg House Hill too!

Kathy said...

Very nice start. I love most of the Brenda Keyes designs. Have several in my stash, but yet to find time to stitch them. Need to finish my current big project Village of Hawk Run Hallow.