One of my many projects today was to frame this piece. I'm very happy with the way the frame looks with it. It's a dark charcoal grey, almost the exact color as the alphabet. The fabric has more gold in it than the photo shows. If you remember from a few posts ago, the linen was an off white color originally. Halfway through stitching it, I just wasn't "feeling" it, so I dyed it to give it more of a vintage look. I also changed it a bit from the way it was charted. It was supposed to have window panes and much lighter windows. I did one window, didn't like it, so in my version, it's night time and every one's asleep in the palace.