Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sleigh Rides and Snowflakes

Greetings on a gloomy, overcast day from AZ.  I love these days.  We feel like we're experiencing fall weather like the rest of the country, but it will be 77 degrees this afternoon, so maybe not so much. 
 
 
First of, I'd like to show you a new design called, Sleigh Rides and Snowflakes.  I stitched the model on 40ct, vintage Pearled Barley from Lakeside.  I need to stress that my fabric was very grey, it does not have as much pink as the norm.  I have the luxury of being able to see linen in person, but I realize that not everyone does, and dye lots are often not the same.  I would suggest that if you can't find similar Pearled Barley, a natural linen would work great.  Threads needed are all from The Gentle Art:  Dried Thyme, Forest Glade, Country Redwood, Wood smoke, Tin Bucket, Chalk, Picnic Basket, Wood Trail, Deep Forest, and Espresso Bean. 


Please let this proud grandma brag a little about granddaughter, Quinn.  Over the weekend, she became the AZ state champion on bars for Level 2, Child D Group.  She also took 2nd place on beam and vault, and 4th on floor.  In the All-Around, she took 2nd place.  The team is the Level 2 state champions.  Way to go, girls!



Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!

10 comments:

Penny said...

Tanya, Love your new design! Also, what a doll your little granddaughter is, congrats to her! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on another gorgeous new design! Congratulations to your lovely granddaughter, too! Blessings to you and your family during this Thanksgiving season. kelley secrest

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Pearled barley is one of my favorite linens--your granddaughter should be pleased with her achievement

Barb said...

A grandma has a right to be very proud!!! Congratulations to that very cute little girl!

Margaret said...

Wow! You definitely deserve to be proud -- what an accomplishment for Quinn! She is going to be an Olympian -- just wait and see. Love the new design! But don't I love everything you do? YES!

Carole said...

Your new design is wonderful...but, sorry, that charming little girl with the humongous trophy overshadows it
......she is a cutie! And congratulations to her!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Tanya, I utter and completely love your Sleigh Ride and Snowflakes...a definite must! Its perfect! I just wish I had a maid, chauffer and maybe a personal assistant so that I may sit on my bum and stitch all day :)
Congratulations to your sweet grandbaby! HURRAY! She rocks!

Dona said...

Congratulations to Quinn! What a great smile she has.

Very cute Christmas design, too!

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Tanya,
I'd like to purchase your Coverlet Houses pattern. When I clicked on your email link, it said it was a phishing site. Can you send me a paypal invoice?
Thanks,
Melinda

Lis said...

I was cured of HIV with the use of natural herbs. I love Traditional Medicine so much. Most times, injection and drugs are just a waste of time and money. I was cured 3weeks ago, i suffered from HIV for 5yrs but with the help of Dr. Itua herbal medicine, I was cured within three weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same man also cured my Aunt from herpes, as soon as I heard she had herpes, I referred her to the doctor and she was cured after drinking his herbs.I have referred more than 18 persons and they were all cured from their various illnesses. Have you taken herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs,injections,surgeries etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. This man is a herbal doctor, I assure you of cure if you drink his natural herbs. He has herbs that cures Hiv, Herpes, diabetics, asthma, hepatitis, etc. Contact Dr. Itua on email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com
Phone/Whatsapp no: +2348149277967