Friday, November 1, 2013

One to show, one in the works, and six adorables

 
 Here is the one to show.  Ann Topley 1802 is heading to shops.  The antique was stitched on a coarse natural linen, but I thought it would be fun to do something different, so I went with 36ct. Double Dyed Black Forest from Lakeside.  I kept the thread colors true to the original, but opted to use sampler threads from The Gentle Art.  I love, love, love how the colors stand out.  The stitch count is 122 X 181,  and the GAST's needed are:  Claret, Old Brick, Terra Cotta, Pebble, Soot, Old Red Paint, Sarsaparilla, Chamomile, Pomegranate, Mustard Seed, Old Hickory, Roasted Marshmallow, and Picnic Basket.  It is all over two with the exception of the word sin, which is over one.  An eyelet stitch over four is used for a row of letters and the checkered band below that.

 
 I'm trying to get the model done for my next release, but life keeps getting in the way.  It will be done this month at some point, and will be called Sleigh Rides and Snowflakes. 


The grand kids were all decked out and ready for treats last night.  Above are Kai, Olivia, and Remy.

 
Here are Rowan, Quinn, and Sawyer hiding behind the mask.  I hope they save some chocolate for Grandma.

12 comments:

Sharon said...

Your new sampler is beautiful! Love those colors and it definitely goes on the list to get. Your grandchildren are just adorable!

marly said...

I really like the new sampler! Great costumes on the great kids.

Karen said...

I love the new one on the dark linen. Will have to add this one to the list!

Your grandkids are so cute... love the Hulk!

Barb said...

Your sampler is beautiful! The children look adorable!

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

wow as soon as I saw the new repro I knew I had to have it - the color palette is fabulous - I ordered your Mary Ann Farmer from Stitching Bits and Bobs 3 weeks ago and am still waiting for it to arrive :( can't wait to get a start on that - I will be ordering this one from 123stitch my favourite online store - keep the samplers coming they are all gorgeous - hugs and stitches, Amanda

pj said...

Good job on this one Tanya! I love it too and the colors do pop on the dark linen. Will give it a try!!!!

Those kids are darling and I bet they had fun in AZ. Our Halloween night was raining cats and dogs so not many goblins out.

Keep up the great sampler charting. Wish I could stitch faster.

Katrina said...

Oh Ann is so pretty and I love the sneak peek. Sweet grandbabies too, Ellie was a dalmatian :-).

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Love it! Looks like another must for the stash... Look forward to seeing Snowflakes, too. The G'kids look happy and ready - did you get some chocolates?

Nicole said...

Beautiful designs, Tanya!! Your grandkids are so cute!!! :)

Karoline said...

Lovely new designs, congratulations.

Your grandkids are very cute

Dona said...

Hi Tanya! Your new release is so pretty on black linen. It's so cheerful.

Great Halloween pictures of your grandbabies!

Tammy said...

I love that Black Forest fabby! The kids are super cute!