It's a windy and not so sunny day here in Arizona, not a great day for taking photos. But, I've finished and framed Jenny Bean from Scarlet Letter, and here she is. I stitched it on 40ct. vintage Black Forest from Lakeside Linen with plain old DMC. It didn't kill me to use cotton thread, but it came close. I don't know why I didn't use silk. I guess I thought it would require a lot of it in the solid area. I learned my lesson though and won't be using it again on any 40ct. linen. It shreds too much, or maybe I pull too tight. I love this sampler, and once my eyes adjusted to stitching on black, it wasn't so bad. It's worth the effort because the colors just pop, but I'm looking forward to a much lighter linen.
We made a quick trip to Iowa last week for a wedding. I took this project to work on. I'm determined to I finish the Prairie Schooler alphabets over one on 30ct. It's been a bout a year since I picked it up, and I'm all enthused about it again.
The ducks, Dave and Roseanne, are still hanging around. Dave is here three times a day, but Roseanne must be sitting on a nest and doesn't come as often. They were both sitting in the driveway when we got home from Iowa and walked right up to the car. I think they missed their handouts.
On my last post, a comment was left asking about the designer of the stitched piece in my header. Um, that would be me. I am planning to use it on my chart packaging. The house is an adaptation from an antique that I plan to reproduce. Thanks for asking.
Hi, I'm Tanya. Our home is shared with three Bostons named Rhubarb, Scarlett, and Henry. It's never a dull moment with 12 little paws underfoot. I am passionate about stitching samplers, and I love sharing that passion with like-minded people. I also enjoy antiquing and decorating our house with my finds.