Thursday, May 22, 2014

Seeing Spots!

Let me begin by apologizing (ONCE AGAIN) for being such a bad blogger.  I try, I really do.  My TSH Face Book page gets updated more frequently, so check it out.


I spotted (pun intended) this linen at the Attic one Sampler Sunday.  I couldn't resist designing something for it.  I've always been crazy for polka dots, and these are RED!  The design, called Polka Dots and Alphabets, was made into a stitching bag by Faye Riggsbee (Carolina Stitcher).  Please contact her for details if interested.
I opted to use real antique buttons and Weeks Dye Works wool on the model, but I've charted the buttons and wool tongues, so if you'd rather stitch them, you can.  The photo below shows the stitched version.  No groaning about the over one, please!  It's not bad on 32ct.



I had fun finishing the accompanying pieces.  I love the simplicity of the safety pin.  The measuring  twill tape was found at a local fabric store.  I've seen it online at Etsy, and at quilt and scrapbooking shops.  Charts are being shipped to shops and distributors.


Below is my project for the upcoming Summer Soiree at the Attic in August.  It's called The Little Red Chair Sampler.  Spots (can't help myself) are still available. Yes, it's hot here in August, but we'll be very cool inside!  Don't let the heat scare you away.


Here's an upcoming release...


Have a safe and wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!

14 comments:

Kathy L. said...

I love them all. Such a pretty sampler. I wish I could come to the attic.

Kathy

BrendaS said...

Everything looks fabulous! Can't wait to get this ordered.

Love all your designs:-)

LaNelle said...

Just fabulous! I love visiting the Attic when visiting my folks who live in AZ.....

Adria said...

Was at The Attic last Wednesday and had Jean put me on the list for this sight unseen just because of the fabric (love red and polka dots) and knowing your wonderful design sense. (I have several of your designs, both finished and in my stash). Now that I have seen the design and the smalls that are part of the chart, am even more excited. Thanks!!!

Faye said...

Looks fantastic Tanya~~ I sure did enjoy making that bag for you!! The dotted linen adds so much!!! And, with wool... Buttons... What's not to like!!?? Winner~

Katrina said...

So sweet, love the fabric choice and the piece for the Attic Retreat is wonderful too.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Love the new designs. Wish the Attic were closer... Y'all have a fab time!

Paulette said...

Cute, cute, cute! And as usual, Faye does an outstanding job!

Paulette

Karoline said...

Very cute, congratulations

Deb said...

Fancy and fantastic! Could I just move in and watch you stitch?
Trying to reconnect after years of missing in action whilst writing my book review blog... I'm stitching again!!
Deb/LavenRoseRamblings

Anonymous said...

Nice.

Oma said...

I'm new to your blog so really enjoyed all the posts, especially about your trip! Love , love your sampler. One day I am going to the Attic!

CAESAR SHOP said...


Thank you for sharing in this article
I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
I hope to read the next your article updates

[-] Vimax Asli
[-] Vimax
[-] Vimax Canada
[-] Obat Vimax
[-] Pembesar Penis

Chloe said...

I really like your way to combine the colors and such wonderful details. The dots make your works so cute and touching.