Friday, February 22, 2013

Greetings!  I know, I know, I'm long overdue with posting AGAIN, but my needle has kept me very busy.  I was determined to put the first stitches in Rachel on New year's Eve.  It took me three needles and forty nine days to stitch her.  I'm pleased to present Rachel Howells 1856. 
 

I need to point out that not all of the border flowers are exact.  You will need to pay attention.  I charted her exactly as Rachel stitched her. I used 40ct. Legacy from Picture This Plus and NPI.  Stitch count is 319 x 280.  Thread colors needed are: 292, 301, 313 (2), 316, 325, 502 (2), 622, 746, 761,851, 852, 993, & 991BB. 

 
Now I'm off to print charts if my printer holds up.  It started spitting and sputtering on the first batch.  Wish me luck.
 
On a personal note, I attended granddaughter Quinn's gymnastic meet this morning.  Her team took 1st place!  I'm very proud of her. 

25 comments:

Penny said...

Oh, Tanya this is another must have! It is just stunning. Congrats to your little grandaughter!

Merry Wind Farm said...

Beautiful sampler. I wonder if it is Welsh? They had a group of samplers with great big birds.
Melinda

Ruth said...

Good luck! She's absolutely beautiful.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! This is stunning and you are so talented. Congrats to your granddaughter, too.

Margaret said...

I'm first on the list for her at Drema's. :D

Katrina said...

Completely gorgeous!!!!!!! I love it and huge congrats to your granddaughter.

Peggy Lee said...

Gorgeous!!
Aww...you have every reason to be proud. Congrats to your grandaughter!

Marsha said...

She's a stunner!

Bine said...

Congratulations to your granddaughter :)
Rachel is such a beauty!

Daniela said...

The sampler is so beautiful. The flower border is amazing.

Bertie said...

A lovely sampler Tanya, I do like the fact that you stitched her the same as Rachel! Wonderful colours;)
Congratulations!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Very nicely done. Beautiful!

Terri said...

This is me happy dancing away in my polka dot pajamas! Woohoo! Yay! All that red!!

Rita said...

Beautiful!!

Melissa said...

This is just gorgeous, Tanya! She's definitely on my shopping list!

Jo Ann said...


WHEN CAN I GET MY HANDS ON THIS
ONE ? How gorgeous!

Kevin said...

Rachel is really stunning. Love this one. Must add this to the top of the NEED TO ADD TO STASH list.

Kevin said...

Is the Rachel Howells chart or kit available for sale someplace? I really love this. Thanks for your help!

Kevin

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

It is beautiful Tanya, utterly so and the colors are perfect for my living room!
Congrats to your sweet grand-daughter and her gymnastics team!

woolwoman said...

Rachel is SOOOO beautiful - love love love the colors - another Scarlett House for the stash. Cheers Melody

Fiona said...

Cogratulations to Quinn and her team mates. Rachel looks gorgeous.

Rhonda said...

Tanya I can hardly wait to get Rachel. She is absolutely gorgeous.

Faye said...

Wonderful!!!! I just LOVE that border!

Karoline said...

Gorgeous new sampler, congratulations

Michele B. said...

Tanya she is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait. I have everything on order! Even the space on my wall is waiting next to Ann Priest!!! From the birds to the border, she couldn't be anymore perfect!

Michele
Dansville, MI