Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sampler Ornaments

Thank you for the sweet comments about my sampler tree (in progress). Vonna has asked to see the ornaments up close, so here they are. I want them to be teeny tiny for the tree, so I've stitched them all over one, with the exception of this one.
My finishing skill leaves much to be desired. Very simply done. I'm using odds and ends of rick rack and ribbon, with the backing being felted wool scraps.


I think all of the patterns were the freebies that are sometimes included in the orders from the needlework shops. Freebies are good!

Every year, I buy the ornament issue from Just Cross Stitch. I can hardly wait until Sept., when it comes out. The funny thing is that I rarely stitch anything from them. I just look at the pictures. I do love this one by Carriage House Samplings from the 2005 issue though.

It will be this year's contribution to my tree. I'm stitching it over one on 40ct. Navy Bean from Lakeside. I started doing full crosses and it was just too tight and not much fun. I started over, and the tent stitch is much better. I added the ruler so you can see the size.

Over the weekend, I ordered my frame for the A&E. I have to finish it now! I'm close.
********************************************************************
I have an extra Christmas needlework set if anyone would like one. I'll be adding it on my Etsy shop.
********************************************************************
For those of you in the throes of the winter storm, be careful. Hopefully, you can stay inside where it's warm and dry with your stitching.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Tanya, your ornaments are just lovely and your finishes are great, too - you don't give yourself enough credit!

I plan to stitch an ornament-a-month in '10 so I too can have an ornament tree. You're a great inspiration :-)

Enjoy your week!

Dona said...

Tanya, I think your finishing skills are very good. Your finishing choices suit your ornaments so well!

I do the same thing with the JCS ornament issue. I don't think I've stitched a single one out of them, but it is fun to look at them and think about stitching them.

I can't wait to see your new additions to the tree.

Theresa said...

Your ornaments are so fabulous!!!!! I love how you finish them~~ Just adorable!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your ornaments are wonderful Tanya. Thanks for taking the close-up snaps for us to enjoy.

Michelle said...

Tanya, your ornaments are the sweetest! Your finishing is just perfect!

Margaret said...

Oh I love your ornaments! Thanks for the closeup pics. I love the one you're stitching now -- I have to go dig up my 2005 JCS issue now. I hope I can find it! Can't wait to see an A&E finish. :D (And I think your finishing is great!)

Deb said...

Your ornaments are fantastic Tanya. I think the finishing is perfect on each and every one of them.

I do the same thing with the JCS Ornament issues. I think I have each and every one and don't think that I've stitched a single one. I think that stitching one a month or every other month would be a good resolution for 2010.

Loraine said...

Love all the ornaments! They are so sweet! I would love to make a tree like this some day. Very inspiring!

Linda said...

Tanya, I loved seeing your ornaments up close and I like the way they are finished, especially the fringed one. This years will be a nice addition to your tree...hugs, Linda

Love to Stitch said...

Wow, your ornaments are soo special! The variety is terrific, and so is your finishing. Great start over 1 on 40-- When I stitched Eliza this year, I started a full cross on her but switched to the tent and it worked out SO much better! I look forward to seeing your new addition on your tree shortly!

Great job on your A & E last post. It is fabulous!

mainely stitching said...

Oh my GOODNESS everything is so wonderfully dainty and adorable!! GREAT job!!

Michelle said...

Your little ornaments are wonderful! And so sweet over one. The one you're stitching now, I just received in my guild's ornament exchange. How funny - I wondered where she got the pattern!! Love it over one!

Katrina said...

Love all your itty bitty ornaments. They are so sweet :-).

Siobhán said...

I think that I say this in every comment, but you amaze me. Wow!! I love the ornaments--how adorable! Over one on 40 ct. Voluntarily. I bow to your awesomeness.

Sandy said...

Beautiful little ornaments, Tanya! You have definitely mastered over-one stitching.

And your A&E is coming out just gorgeous! Can't wait to see the frame you've chosen.

Georgie said...

I love how little they are!

Brigitte said...

Such a nice collection of sampler ornaments. And how tiny the CHS one is. Adorable.

Julie said...

I love each and everyone of these, Tanya!